Monday, November 11, 2013

NOVEMBER 11, 2013

Dear Family,
Well this week was a little rough, but the work is still going good. It is starting to get really cold, the high is around 40 tomorrow, and the sun goes down around the time we eat dinner, so the tracting we usually end up doing around 7-9 at night can get pretty chilly. Elder Thomas is always cold though, haha. He wears his winter coat in the apartment and I sweat!
Well I missed our only lesson of the week, which was with Rex, because I was on exchanges with Elder Goates, one of our zone leaders. It was really good. We had zone training this last week and have zone conference in about 2 weeks.
We have been talking with Susan on Facebook a lot and she is going to try to go to church in China. She is going to try and go to Hong Kong to get baptized as well! Hopefully the new tools we get will help us to keep in contact with her. Susan is going to do great things. We decided she is just waiting to be baptized so her and her husband can do it at the same time! lol.
We have been really trying to build our teaching pool recently, hopefully the people we have met will let us come back and teach them. We are having an issue though, with our area being so small. When Elder Thomas came into the area and opened it, the sisters proposed the split. The sister’s area is twice the size of ours and has most of the members in it... But we are working with what we have. I am hoping this week that we can meet all of our goals and find more people! It’s frustrating to have to find people and not have success. I feel like we are working hard, but at the end of the week our numbers don't really show it. But we are here to invite,and people have agency. The work is hastening though, the ward theme is missionary work and we are fasting for missionary work as a ward in December. I have noticed a great change in the ward as they have "caught the wave" of missionary work. Hope everything continues to go well at home.
Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment