This week has been really good. We have been focused on building our teaching pool and found 4 new investigators this week! It’s not always easy and for some reason people often don't show up for appointments. We taught Rex 2 times this week. We have finished teaching him and he is ready to be baptized this Sunday Nov. 24th. Elder Thomas is going to do the baptism and I am doing the confirmation the following week. I am soo nervous. I have only given 1 blessing and I always feel like what I say needs to be powerful and worded really well. I have been pondering and praying a lot about what I should include in his blessing. It will be a learning experience.
The New Castle West Elders (Elders Sanchez and Readhead) had another baptism this Sunday! Our district has had over 10 baptisms while I have been here! It’s been crazy.
We had a really cool experience on Saturday. We were doing our weekly planning and got a random text from a number we didn't know that said, "why mormonism?" We started to message him back and eventually found out that he is a former investigator that we have no record of. He lives in our area with his wife and 4 kids and was about to be baptized in January of 2010. He got our number from a pass along card that fell out of one of our investigator's doors... So cool! He says he isn't interested in converting, but I know the spirit can be a powerful tool of conversion.
Something I have learned so far is how I want to be when I get home, what the missionaries really want from members, and how much a ride to save miles means. Little things that members do for missionaries really mean a lot.
The work is progressing and many miracles happen every day. I love you all so much, thank you for your thoughts, cards, packages and prayers. It means the world to me. I am blessed to know you all.
Love, Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment