Monday, February 10, 2014

FEBRUARY 10, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was really great. I feel like I have grown a lot while I have been with Elder Zolman. I have learned a lot about humility and patience, and been able to see the fruits of it this week.

We received a referral from a member to stop by one of her friends. She didn't have an address but she gave us some directions and a street name. We started at one end of the street and started to knock doors asking if it was the family we were looking for. After about 45 minutes and 20 doors, we were about ready to move on and come back another day. We decided that we would knock just 3 more doors. The first one was the home of a woman named Ferriana, she is from Panama and was really open to learn more about the Gospel. We were able to teach her this last week and we have a return appointment for this week. We knocked the next one, and no one answered. The last door we knocked a woman answered, she told us her best friend was a member of the church and then it clicked that we didn't ask her name! We found out that was the woman we were looking for. We offered her some service and she seemed really touched. Even though she wasn't interested at this time in meeting, the spirit was very strong as we spoke with her. Because we were patient and diligent, we were able to find those that Heavenly Father had prepared for us.

A similar experience happened as well. We were knocking some doors around the church building and we ran into a man named Dan. He welcomed us in and we talked to him about the church and invited him to come out to church. He said he would try it. Well he didn't show up, so yesterday we stopped by and talked to him. He felt bad he couldn't make it and told us the one thing he has not been able to find in any church is how to forgive himself. It has been eating at him his entire life, that he couldn't forgive himself. This morning we had revelation as to how to help him. Inviting him to be baptized for the remission of his sins is what he needs. It’s what Heavenly Father wants for him. As we meet with him tonight that is what we plan to talk about, how baptism by the Priesthood, can give him the peace he desires.

I am loving serving with Elder Zolman and I have seen the miracles that happen when we serve with patience and diligence. I love this Gospel and I love seeing others change as they live it.
Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment