Monday, April 14, 2014

APRIL 14, 2014

Dear Family,

Well this week was pretty great, seems to have gone by really really fast.
Monday was Monday...

Tuesday we were able to go look at an apartment for Sister Missionaries in Pennsburg. It was pretty nice. We were also able to teach Charlie and Michelle. They are doing really well. We are teaching the Stop Smoking Program this Tuesday. Which should be fun, since I have never taught it...

Wednesday we split wood at Bruce's for about 4 hours. Always good to do some good manual labor and relieve some stress. We were also able to see brother Moll. Don't know if I have talked to you about him but he is an old WW 2 vet and his hearing is going bad so we have to pretty much yell to him. He hates the government and loves to talk to us about it. Basically our lessons are 50 mins of listening to him complain and curse about the government and his declining health, then we share a gospel message for 10 mins. Lol, he cracks me up sometimes. But anyway, he has never said a prayer with us for some reason or another. But we got him to say the closing prayer this week. It was awesome!

Thursday was good, taught the Vorhees and it was really great. They are doing some remodeling and have been really busy but they still pray every night with their family! They also said they would come to church this week again! Taught the Ambridges as well.

Friday we did a lot of stop bys and random stuff,  then we had dinner at a part member families’ home. She made chicken enchiladas and rice. First Mexican while I have been on my mission. Sooooo good! Also we found out that Elder Eves is being transferred on Tuesday. I have mixed feelings about it.. taking over the area should be lots of fun, I have no idea where anything is, but I am sure with the help of my handy dandy GPS I can figure it out.

Saturday and Sunday were pretty low key. Saw the Bryants and some other members so Elder Eves could take pictures. Steven and the Vorhees came to church, so that was awesome! We secured the apartment for the Sisters who should get here Tuesday or Wednesday. So excited to cut the area in half... It’s just too big!
Haven't talked with Adam  this week.

Also if you haven't heard about the #becauseofhim social media thingy. Here is a link (easter.mormon.org) share it everywhere. Easter is a time we should share our testimonies of Christ.

Love Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment