Monday, April 21, 2014

APRIL 21, 2014

Dear Family,
This week has been really great, I have a new companion as I am sure many of you know. His name is Elder Shaw. He is a great Elder and we get along really well. It’s crazy taking over an area after just 6 weeks but I haven't died or killed anyone yet.

We taught Charlie and Michelle this week, taught them the stop smoking program. It’s pretty crazy and involves a lot of cinnamon and grapefruit juice. They are still smoking but we are working through it. They also came to church this week! Woot! Charlie got a job driving trucks during the week so we will only be able to teach Michelle in person and then him over Facebook. Hope to keep things going.

Taught the Vorhees this week as well. They are doing well. Didn't make it to church this week but they are reading and praying as a family which is awesome!

We were FINALLY able to contact Scott again. Stopped by and saw him and he is doing well. We are going to start teaching him again this week. We were also able to talk to Cara and Dylan, two kids that want to be baptized but have been really busy. All in all we have 5 people that should be baptized while I am here.

We also got sisters this week in the branch. It’s weird.... They cover Emmaus and Pennsburg and you would think they were celebrities with how the branch oohs and awes over them. Good grief. It’s pretty annoying.

Other than that this week has been great. Elder Shaw and I are going to have a great time. Every time he meets one of our investigators he just says " I love Milford!" it’s pretty fun to see someone be so excited.

Hope you all had a great Easter and have a good week! Love ya!
Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment