Well, as I am sure most of you know, I got a new companion this week.
His name is Elder Pintor. He has been out for 20 months, he came out
with Elder Thomas and Elder Shaw. His last area was Wilkes-bere, which
is up in the Scranton zone. He is from Las Vegas, really awesome
missionary, we are going to tear it up here in South Philly this next
6 weeks.
This week was a great one, I think it looked like I was running around
like a chicken with his head cut off, but it all worked out with the
help of Heavenly Father.
I am not even going to attempt to put out an ordered list of things
that happened, but I'll try to highlight the greatest parts of this
week.
Recently we have been getting a whole bunch of media referrals from
SLC and Mormon.org and we were able to contact one this week. Her name
is Xuan. Yes she is from China and yes I am hoping that she learns
like Susan did. We are currently just trying to teach her over the
phone and Facebook but it looks pretty promising. She has little
religious background but she wants to learn more about Jesus Christ
and why everyone says the "Mormons" are different. Pray that
everything works out with her.
We were also able to see a new less active member this week. His name
is Solomon. He has been a member for about 10 years but hasn't been to
the branch in about 2 years. He wants to come back, but he has always
had a few questions. We resolved those and are going to try to
continue to help him feel comfortable coming back to church.
We were able to see Moe a little bit this week, he wasn't able to make
it to church but he still has a lot of interest. You know they are
honest truth seekers when Satan really works hard on them. Hopefully
things clear up this week and we are able to meet with him and help
him get to church.
We saw the Caramandi's this week. It was pretty good, we talked about
our baptismal covenants and how we can keep them. They are doing well,
Marlene said she would come to church, and Tom pretty defiantly said
no. Well, they both showed up to church! We had 4 less active members
come this week, 2 of which hadn't been while I have been here. It felt
good to see them make some progress.
We had a cool experience while we were doing our home teaching this
week. We were at President Degener's home and before we left we asked
if they knew anyone we could stop by. Well they told us the house a
few doors down had someone move in and they suggested we talk to him,
the name given us was Phillip. Well we walked out the door a few
minutes later and right as the door closes this man walking down the
street call out to us as "Elders", well that’s rare, so we stopped to
talk to him and lo and behold, its Phillip! So we had a quick chat and
now we should be meeting with him. Member miracles!
I wish I could give this week all the justice it deserves in this
letter. There is a lot going on here and The Lord is hastening his
work, I am just trying to keep up. South Philly West, the Promised
Land.
Love you all!
Elder Parker

No comments:
Post a Comment