This week has been so crazy! I am not even sure how I can write this
letter to express all the thoughts I am having at this time, Agh! So
crazy to think that I am already at my year mark... I have just been
having all these flash backs to previous parts of my mission and it’s
scaring me! Never really thought I would be here at this point in my
mission the way I am. I have just been looking back and seeing all
that has changed, it’s really weird. In the beginning I was just trying
to survive the mission and to make it through and while I am still
doing that to some extent, now I feel really different. It’s hard to
explain, but I am sure you see it.
Well this week has just been so awesome! If you would have asked me
yesterday I would have said it was slow, but man it’s so great that
P-day was moved to today. Monday - Sunday really was pretty rough
though... Highlights were an awesome day of doing service at the
Ronald McDonald house and prepping a ton of Christmas lights for them.
Also going to a wedding for a branch member and one of the East Elders
investigators, it was a TON of fun! So much awesome.
Monday was just such an amazing day though, it really just trumps all
of last week. We had a branch picnic for Labor Day and it was a lot of
fun. It’s great to be able to get to know the members all a little bit
better and have some fun with them. Then we had a lesson with Anita
(Less active), Mary (Less active), Arlene (Investigator), as well as
two of Anita's non member friends, Britton and Tramell. Brother
Harrison, who is a recent convert of about 2 years and just got
married and moved out here from California, was with us. The spirit
was so strong in the lesson! It was so amazing to just see the way the
spirit touched Britton and Tramell. They both accepted copies of the
Book of Mormon and said they would read it together and pray about it.
Then Brother Harrison took us out to dinner real quick and we had a
lesson with the Tomlins. They introduced us to one of their friends
who came in during sacrament on Sunday then left before it ended.
Turns out she is pretty interested in coming next week as well and is
going to bring her two kids.
As I have been able to sit back and ponder on this last 8 days or so
and really the last year, I have really seen a lot, one scripture that
stands out is this:
12 And they did land upon the shore of the promised land. And when
they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they
bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble
themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord,
because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them.
13 And it came to pass that they went forth upon the face of the land,
and began to till the earth.
Ether 6:12-13
I have seen so many tender mercies as I have served. Newark, Milford
and Philly did not feel like the "Promised Land" when I got here, but
as I have seen the tender mercies of The Lord, I know this is where I am
needed and that he is preparing the way before me. When we humble our
selves The Lord raises us up to where he needs us to be, the only
thing that gets in the way is our own pride.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou
me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest
thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou
knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
John 21:17
Any time I feel like I can’t do it any more or that I have done enough,
this scripture has come into my mind and I have to ask myself, How
much to I love my Savior? Does he know? Do I show my love? That's what
helps me to continue on some days.
Thank you all for all the love and support you have given me! I love
you all so much!
Love,
Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment