Well, it’s been a real crazy couple of days. Not even really sure where
to begin.... Tuesday we had transfers and I found out that I was going
to be doubling into Exeter East with a Golden. Then I went back in a
car with one of the other Elders who was also training to South Philly
and spent the night working in that area, so I got to see the Tomlin's
again and see a few other people and we stayed the night with Elder
Pead and the House. They ended up closing my last area because we just
don't have as many missionaries, we lost 5 total areas this time
around. So Elder Pead and Mackay now cover all of south Philly.
Wednesday we got our Goldens. My new companion is Elder Roberts. Right
out of high school from Paris, Idaho. Loves everything, sports, music,
all that jazz. We get along pretty well. He doesn't really know any
different ;) He is number 6 of 7. 4 older sisters and he is the middle
of the 3 boys. His older brother served a mission and all his sisters
husbands served as well. His younger brother is a junior. His school
was small so he played football and basketball and was in student
council and choir and all kinds of stuff. Lots of talents. He is also
VERY neat and clean! Thank GOODNESS! So nice!
Anyway, so we doubled in, replacing the sisters that were here, Sister
Casey and Sister Bailey. They did a lot of good here and we had a
really good week. It wasn't south Philly good... but I am just going
to have to get over that and put my Newark tracting shoes back on. We
met a ton of people this week though, lots of prepared people. We are
working with several part member and returning member families. It’s
really great to be able to work with them. Special things will happen
here in Exeter over the next 12 weeks!
The Exeter ward is actually really new. It was made when I was in
Milford (Same Stake, opposite sides). So because the ward is new
apparently it’s still trying to figure itself out. Should be fun.
Exeter is right around Reading, we cover a couple townships around
Reading and then a little slice of downtown Reading. We have a really
nice apartment, it’s pretty big, has a washer and dryer, a dishwasher and
some good furniture. We also have a car. Our apartment complex also
has a clubhouse with some computers and an outdoor tennis court and
basketball court and some car care places. It’s pretty stacked.
The work has been really good. We split the ward with Elder Peterson
and his 6 week old companion Elder Lee. They are awesome. I replaced
Elder Peterson when I went into Newark, so we have had some fun
stories to tell each other. We have a lot of single sisters we are
working with and I was afraid it would be hard to keep that up, but we have
been able to get some members out with us and haven't had to cancel
any appointments yet! Yay!
We had Stake conference Sunday, I actually went 6 months ago when I
was in Milford, so that was fun. Got to see the Houses from Milford
and both Brother Johnson's. It was great. Saw lots of familiar faces.
President Katcher from the seventy was there, it was a great meeting.
He was the one who spoke at conference this last time about being
swept out in the riptide on the beach. I heard that Brother Moll is
doing ok, he kinda shut down to the missionaries, but a few members
are still visiting regularly.
It has been one of the most difficult weeks of my mission, training is
hard. He is looking to me for answers and guidance and I have no idea
where I am! It’s nuts! Ah! I just have to take a few deep breaths every
once in a while and pray I don't lead this Elder astray. We have had
some good fun though, it still blows my mind to think I was there at
one point, feels like it wasn't too long ago... man.
Well, if it seems that I am scattered and lost, I pretty much am! Bear
with me! Thank you all for all you do and for your prayers! I have
felt them, especially this week! Keep it up!
Also, my new address is 230 Aldridge Ct, Reading Pennsylvania 19606.
Love,
Elder Parker

No comments:
Post a Comment