Monday, July 13, 2015

JULY 13, 2015

Dear Family,

Well, we had a really good week. Tyler is doing well, they are getting lots of things prepared for the wedding and so far he has been soaking up the gospel. Pauline is doing well, we taught the Word of Wisdom and that went really good, we are just working on getting her to church now.

Paul is doing awesome! This whole last week he abstained from alcohol and fasted every day! We will be meeting with him tonight to see how it was and what revelation he received and the direction he wants to go in the future.

We also got back in touch with Mike, we will be setting him with a new baptismal date and hopefully getting him to church this week.

I was also able to go on exchanges to Atlantic City with Elder Hillstead this week. It was tons of fun, even though I seemed to sweat more than ever before! It was crazy. Then I was on exchanges with Elder Harris's golden, Elder Winstanley. We had a great time and it was really good, he is already a great missionary.

We saw Sonny again this week, he is doing good, we had a great lesson about baptism and the priesthood and restoration. It seems like things might be starting to click with him.

We also saw Sister Anderson and her kids. We are going to start being a little bit more bold with some invitations, so hopefully things get moving here in the future.

This week is going to be great. I will be on exchanges in both Spanish areas one from Wednesday to Thursday and the other one from Thursday to Friday. Then we find out about transfers on Friday night. We also have dinners every night this week, which will be great! I am really hoping that Elder Soon stays, it seems we are getting into our groove.

I also gave a talk yesterday. The topic was on the talk of "Choose to Believe" by Elder Whitney of the Seventy. It went pretty good, other than the fact that the two speakers before me left me about 3 minutes... So I scrambled and summarized and bore my testimony, haha. It was fun.


I have been thinking recently of how great it is to have a living prophet today, we don't have to rely wholly on ancient revelation, because we receive it today! I am also grateful for the Book of Mormon and the truths it teaches. Sonny always corrects us when we ask him if he read the Book of Mormon, he tells us "well, I read it, but I didn't study it" I hope we can all take time to "study" the Book of Mormon.

Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment