Well as you can probably tell my new area is Milford PA! It’s extremely different here than it was in Newark. The area is probably 10 times as big and it’s very rural. We are the only Elders here in the branch. My companion is Elder Eves, he came out in May or June. His family is currently from San Diego where his dad is stationed for the Air Force. We cover quite a few cities, I will try to upload a map of some sort. Coopersburg, Quakertown, Emmaus, Center Valley, Pennsburg, many many more... It’s really different, yes we still do have a car 02 Malibu (Maliboat). My apartment is definitely better stocked as far as pots and pans and dressers go than my last one, more random stuff as well from previous Elders. The branch is pretty awesome, I spoke on Sunday to about 25 people... Daylight savings killed sacrament meeting attendance. They are close to getting an expansion on the building and should have one started by the end of the year. It’s so small... I have never been to such a small building, so crazy, but I love it. It’s also in the middle of nowhere. Kinda reminds me of parts of southern Utah, like Nephi, but smaller.Lol. Can't really think of much that I did this last week except trying to learn the area. My GPS will definitely be put to good use here. The area is really doing well right now. We have 7 progressing investigators and 4 have baptism dates. One is for the end of this month, I haven't met him yet and the others are for the last weekend in May. Lots more going on here than my last area, but Elder Eves said it was a slower week, so I guess I am in for some busy days ahead. We walk more here as well, we drive to a city then we park and walk and walk. Hopefully I will lose some weight.
So funny story, I remember one event vividly from last week. We went to see a recent convert who lives up on a huge hill (so many hills!) On this hill is a cemetery and we go clear up there, it’s like 8 at night and he lives in this little care center that looks like something from the twilight zone! I was freaked out! So sketchy. It was creepy... and we go there twice a week, ya.... :) Jamar (the recent convert) is cool though. The branch is great, the area is good. No loud trains outside our apartment or people upstairs. So it’s good. Leaving Newark was HARD though, almost harder than leaving home. It’s hard to change habits. Changing companions isn't too bad, at least not yet, but moving stinks. But I have been called to Milford! President emailed me today and told me how close the branch is to being a ward. They are really close and the stake is about to be split I think. Lots going on! Love you all! Super Cool that Spencer is going to New York! He will do great!
My Address
5460 camp meeting road apt. 2
Center Valley, PA 18034
Love, Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment