Monday, March 17, 2014

MARCH 17, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
Well this week has been good. The weather seems to be warming up finally. Looking forward to conference weekend when I don't have to wear a sweater or long sleeves anymore. I think the storm is missing us, Delaware on the other hand is supposed to get slammed with snow lol :)
Bit of an update from my last area, Brother Dunsmore set himself a goal of going to the temple to be sealed in 4 months! I am so excited! They totally redid the area boundaries for the missionaries there so the Elders basically have a whole new area, still teaching Brother Manchester though. They are supposed to be extending a baptism invitation soon. Rex is also still doing well.

Also, I can now be friends with family on Facebook. I am going to copy and paste what president Anderson said about it right here.

5. Can you "friend" parents and siblings?
a. Yes. You may add family members as friends. This will allow your families to follow your work online. Where appropriate, family members can become a resource to help answer investigators' questions or even help teach.
b. Remember, Facebook is not a forum for liking family photos, messaging family, etc.
c. Please do not add friends from home.
President Anderson
So feel free to add my on Facebook and seek out my friends that I have told you about. I will probably request most of you soon if you don't add me. Just so you know why lol. (Facebook name-Elder Chris Parker)
So this week has been pretty weird. It is hard to be in a new area with a new companion. Getting Elder Zolman was cake, I was the boss of the area and could control a lot of what happened and I knew who we were working with and what they needed. It’s really hard to be in a new environment.
I am enjoying it though. The branch here is really great. Simple down to earth people. The investigators are great. Everyone seems to love the missionaries as well. Sister Adams (Branch Presidents Wife) Loves the missionaries, she would feed us every night if we would let her. She is always giving us stuff and it’s pretty cool. Definitely can feel the love.
I will try to go though everyone we are teaching...
Charlie and Michelle-Great people, they have a baptism for the 25th of May. They are cool, love the church, busy, but once they start coming to church it will be great.
Scott-Has a date for the 30th of this month, he reminds me a lot of Bishop Beeson. Teaches English at a college and loves to talk and go deep into the scriptures and what we talk about. Again, if we can get him to church he will be baptized. I really like him.
Vorhees-Part member family who hasn't come to church for a while. He accepted a baptism date of the 25th of May on my 2nd day here. Really awesome family with 2 boys who remind me of Ren and Cottar. So funny. They should be coming to church this week. Should be really great.
Jim-Investigator who has a unique personality and loves us, don't know what else to say about him....
Steven-Lives with a member family, loves us and will meet but is going through some hard times.
Jamar-Recent convert of a little less than a year, lives in this freaky care center of some kind. Really nice, simple testimony.
Brother Moll-Member who is kinda confined to his home. Old war vet so we have to yell for him to hear us, makes for funny visits. Very conservative... lol
The Keays-Member who is actually feeding us tonight. Loves the missionaries and won’t let us come over without feeding us. Lots of potential to come back.
Bryants-We are their home teachers. Trying to get them to the temple soon.
That is our core teaching pool, hoping to pick up some more this week. I love all these people a lot. They are all so amazing.
Elder Eves and I are doing well, we have our differences and our pride but it seems as if we are working through it. I never thought I would miss having a District Leader companion but now I know the difference :)
Hope you all have a great week!
Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment