Monday, March 3, 2014

MARCH 3, 2014

Dear Family,

I don't really know where to start. This week has been really great, I
have seen many miracles as I have been serving here in Newark and I
feel like the area is really starting to improve, seeds that have been
planted are being harvested especially with less active members. I
will miss Newark, as I am being transferred on Wednesday, and packing
really stinks but it should be fun. Most of our zone is being moved. 9
of the 11 are being split up. Elder Zolman thinks I could go to
Susquehanna (farthest north area, burr) or Camden New Jersey or
Atlantic City. Should be fun to find out!

Ever since I have been here I have wanted to make sure I knew all the
people on the ward list in my area. I wanted know who they were and
what I could do for them. It's been hard. We struggled to contact
everyone, but the past few weeks I have really been able to meet a few
people that have been hard to contact. On Saturday we meet with
brother Stewart, a member that was baptized a few years ago then moved
here and hasn't been for a while. I had never been able to really meet
with him but he had us in and fed us and we were able to have a great
lesson about enduring to the end and ways we can do it. We were able
to share the Mormon messages about daily bread and it really touched
him. He committed to come to church this next week and wants to work
at going to the temple! What a blessing it was to be able to meet him
before I was transferred.

On Sunday night we felt prompted to go to a little road that had 3
less active members on it. We had only ever talked to one of the
members. We drove over there and we were able to talk to all three
houses. Two of them are not interested but the other who hasn't been
to church in 25 years set up a time in which we could come back. It
was great to be able to meet him.

There was really one more member who I didn’t know anything about. We
didn't know if she had moved or not and we had tried emailing her.
Today we got a call from our ward mission leader telling us that she
had emailed our bishop asking for the Elders. She has to move quickly
and needs to give some things away. We have set up a time now to meet
her tonight and hopefully share a message and get her records
forwarded so the new ward can help her come back into full activity.

It has been such a blessing to be able to serve here in Newark. Words
are not enough to explain my deep gratitude to my Father in Heaven. I
will miss it here but I am looking forward to new experiences in which
I can continue to grow and build. I know that wherever I am
transferred to, it's where I am supposed to be.


Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment