I saw the character of Christ talk that Elder Bednar gave in the MTC. It's amazing, life changing. I wish that everyone could see it. He talked about how Christ always turned out instead of in. For example, when he asked his disciples to wait for him in Gethsemane and they fell asleep. Then he was betrayed. He had just suffered for all of our sins and no one was there for him. Then he heals the soldier's ear. It's amazing to go throughout the scriptures and find examples of the character of Christ. Elder Bednar compared the natural man to the cookie monster ( I know it's awesome! And his impersonation was even better lol) and we all know in the scriptures when satan was tempting Christ right? Well he said that doing those things were not the temptation. The temptation was when he says, "If thou are the son of God, then do this." He was challenging if he knew who he was. And when talking about how missionaries need to turn out not in, he said, "This mission is not about you. Who cares what you want."
I know why I am here and while I am becoming better because of it, that is not the reason I am here. I am here to invite others to come unto Christ. I know though, that I must be the first conversion of my mission. Conversion is consistently living what you know to be true. I am becoming converted unto Christ. He has helped me so much while I have been here. I have never prayed or studied so much in my life. Ever. About anything. Like Alma, I have "wrestled" in fervent prayer. I challenge those who read this to "Learn of Christ, not about Him."
They told us that after Sunday, time would fly. I was looking forward to it. Haha. But Sunday morning Elder Harris and I got called as zone leaders. The overwhelming feeling of stress and the feeling of being insufficient hit me like a truck. I was so worried about the responsibility. Then on Sunday night like I said I went to the Character of Christ. Right now I can say that the Lord qualifies those he calls. The last two days have gone by in the blink of an eye, and I found out the lesson I have to teach in priesthood to my zone is on enduring to the end. I think I can handle that;) I have been learning faster than I ever have before and it's amazing how much I am able to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment