This week has been great! We have taught a lot of lessons and found a lot of new investigators.
I have had some really cool experiences and have grown a lot in the gospel. The days are going by really fast. We met a man from Bethlehem, his name is Yousif and is a born again. He loves the Savior and we set up an appointment but it fell through and he wasn't home. We have continued to try to get him when he is home, but he never answered. Then last night as we walked away from his door he pulled in and honked at us and we went in and talked to him. It’s amazing, he called again today just to see how we were doing. I am looking forward to meeting with him this week.
We are also teaching a Chinese woman name Susan. She is keeping commitments and continues to meet with us. She asks questions like "When I am a Murmon (Mormon, the accent makes it sound funny) what do I have to do?” So we feel like she is just on the edge. She says she wants God in her life so she can feel more powerful and she also doesn’t want to be afraid of death anymore. She is soo close to understanding and acting on her faith.
We are also teaching a man named Willburt. He is a pastor at a Baptist church... Scary. He wasn't reading like we invited him to, so for our last lesson we read out of Alma 5 with him. He got sucked in, we asked him to read 3 verses and he read 2 pages, and was looking at the next one, just quietly thinking. I can tell that he was feeling the spirit. He knows it is true and has committed to baptism! He says that everything we tell him makes sense and that God is always the same. We don't think that he realizes what it means for him if he gets baptized.. so that should be fun to explain to him. It’s intimidating to talk about the bible with a pastor, I feel so inadequate, but I know the spirit has told me what to say and that comforts me.
It’s hard when we don't have appointments and have to go tracting. It feels almost like busy work. Members are the best at finding people, because they know non-members and they already have a connection with them. Tracting is inefficient. I wish that all members realized how much help they can be to the missionaries. I know I didn't realize it until now.
We don't get a lot of dinner appointments, but someone took us to lunch at the BEST pizza place I have ever been. Italian pizza. It was so good! After I got my haircut today, we went to a little place and got some Cheese Steaks. Really Really good. Food has been good, I have been feeling good too. Weather is amazing! Never higher than 75, feels good in the morning and at night. It gets dark pretty early too. I have grown so much, I know that as I rely on the Savior that I can be strong. He will help me in every way.
Love,
Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment