Friday, October 4, 2013

BONUS LETTER!

                                                                                                                        October 1, 2013
Dear Family,
Well I have a few minutes after getting ready and thought I would share something that happened last night.
We met with a family, the Gerbers, last week. We were excited because Mrs. Gerber knows a lot of members and some return missionaries. We didn’t teach anything because they talked a lot and we just got to know more about them. She is Catholic and he is Jewish. They are a very interesting family. The kids kept running around and interrupting. It felt like a little bit of a waste of time.
We met again last night and the first thing Mr. Gerber pointed out was a spelling error in the pamphlet. It was gonna be “that” type of lesson. As we tried to answer questions and teach as much as we could, interesting things came up. The questions were very well thought out, well worded and deep. (He is a psychologist and she is a teacher.) But every time they started asking a question, I felt like I already knew the answer. It was a surreal experience. Words were truly put in my mouth (D&C 84:85, D&C 100:5). Even though we aren’t meeting with them again in the near future, we left and impression with them and a few things to think about.
My biggest fear about my mission was that I wouldn’t know what to say or how to say it. It’s true, I don’t know what to say, but the spirit does and did tell me what to say.
Firm.
Undaunted.
Obedient.
If ye believe, ye shall receive.

Love, Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment