Tuesday, October 15, 2013

OCTOBER 15 LETTER.

We had Golden Retraining yesterday and I got to see almost all my Zone from the MTC. Elder Harris is in Philly doing great.
Our investigators are doing really well. Especially Susan! She is a miracle investigator. We met her when we were lost and she asked if we needed directions, she asked who we were and was interested. Like you know she came to General Conference with the Bradshaws (who have been AMAZING). She came to church again on Sunday after we taught her on Friday about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Bradshaws brought her and Matt Bradshaw was speaking, I could tell it touched her as I saw tears coming down her face. We talked about the restoration in Gospel Principles class and she really loved Relief Society. We invited her to the New Castle ward's baptism after church and the Bradshaws brought her. It answered a lot of her questions about baptism. We found out she is leaving on the 26th, it was devastating. We feel like we have so much to teach her so we prayed about what to do. I felt that we should utilize all the tools we have, so we called her and we are meeting her on facebook tonight, Wednesday night and Thursday night. Then we have a lesson at the Bradshaws on Friday (funny story, we asked if we could meet with her on Friday, and the Bradshaws were right there. She asked if we could have dinner at their house, haha! she got us a Dinner appointment!) The baptism came up in our phone call and I invited her to be baptized. Guess who is being baptized? SUSAN! It won't be Elder Thomas or I, because she is going to the west coast for a month before she goes back to China. So we are gonna arrange with some of the Bradshaws’ family in Oregon where she is staying to have her Baptized and Confirmed before she goes to China! I never thought I would be so happy to see someone I am teaching get baptized by someone else, where I wouldn't be able to attend. But after she said that, I couldn't stop smiling. It was the most amazing feeling, to know that she knew what we told her was true. It was humbling to me, to see how the Lord has worked through us. We are hastening the work of salvation for Susan. And she is a choice spirit. I know it. She has been prepared for a long time before we met her. She has been a blessing in our lives. Just to know her. She is always happy, and is a great example to me.
Yousef is doing good. Still has a few things we need to work out, mostly that God doesn't just answer with visions. But he recognizes that when he was baptized it wasn't with the priesthood and he says he feels good when he reads the Book of Mormon. Hopefully he will have gotten an answer sometime this week. Elder Thomas is doing great. Amazing missionary and very busy as a District Leader. I try to help him out as often as I can.
Exchanges were good. I was with Elder Eddington, forgot a picture, but I will get one eventually with him. We got 2 new gators (investigators) by knocking on 2 doors! He is an amazing missionary and I learned a lot from him. We have 2 more exchanges this week. I get to be with Elder Readhead on Thursday and Friday, and Elder Stark on Wednesday and Thursday. I am looking forward to it.
Got the package! Making cookies today hopefully. Thanks so much! The treats are great! Feels so good to get mail and packages. I know I am loved so much. I will continue to smile and keep my head up during the tough times.
Love you all so much, thank you for your prayers and all of your support!

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment