Monday, June 15, 2015

JUNE 15, 2015

Dear Family,

Well, I was transferred, and now I am in the Cherry Hill Stake, and I
am at the south End of New Jersey by the shore. The ward I am in is
Linwood, it's awesome! We live in Egg Harbor Township, which is about
15 minutes from Atlantic City and like 20 minutes from Ocean City.
Such a nice area!

My companion is Elder Soon, we served around each other when I was in
Milford and we trained our Goldens at the same time, he goes home the
transfer after me in October. We have been having a blast.

The Zone is pretty awesome, we have some super good missionaries here
right now. Elder Harris, who came out with me is actually training
right now in the zone, it's fun serving around him again.

I have been able to meet a few of the people we are teaching, they are
all super awesome. One of them, Tyler has a baptism date for August,
who is getting married to a returning member. Then we taught Paul this
morning, he is dating a member of the ward, he owns a restaurant in AC
(Atlantic City), he is way awesome! He is doing really good. We have
quite a few people we are teaching who are progressing really well.

The ward is awesome, they take pretty good care of us, our bishop is
great, Bishop Bird. He is pretty much the stereotypical south Jersey
man, whenever he knows where you are going with something he responds
with "ya ya ya" it's pretty funny, ward council was hilarious.

I am loving the Shore and being in south Jersey, it's going to be an
awesome transfer.

My new address is
6825 Old Egg Harbor Rd. Apt. 62B
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
08234

I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Love,
Elder Parker
I failed to mention that I got to teach Michele the day before I
left Exeter. We went just so I could say goodbye and we taught her for
an hour and a half resolving concerns. And it happened to be a lot of
the random crazy stuff Elder Riche and I were studying... It went
super good and she was talking about having me come back out to
baptize her in the future and visiting me if I went to south Jersey,
so hopefully things progress there well, but I think she is going to
come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment