First, Happy Father's Day! Hope it was great!
We had an awesome week! I really love this area.
This week we went to Ocean City for a little bit to follow up with some people, it's a crazy place! Imagine a vacation city, on an island! It's awesome. This time of year there are tons of people that come to the shore at Ocean City.
We had the assistants double in to our area this week, it went pretty good. I drove with one of them to Cape May, to do a baptismal interview for the Elders down there.
Tyler, who is the fiancé of a member, is doing super well. He has a baptismal date for early August after their wedding. Mike, who we haven't been able to teach because of his work, called us today and really wants to meet with us, his schedule has cleared up so we will see him tomorrow, he also has a baptism date for next month. Then we saw Paul today, he is doing really good. He is also dating a member, he wasn't at church this week, but he is doing really good.
We forgot our meal calendar last week, so it was a little scarce on meals, but Elder Wilson, who just went home came out for a baptism with his dad and they took us out. It was tons of fun to see him. He and Elder Soon and I were in the same district in Milford for a while.
This week is looking to be really really awesome. We have a lot of appointments with solid investigators and members and are being fed almost every night. I am super excited!
Tomorrow we have a zone conference in Cherry Hill, Elder Katcher of the seventy is touring the mission, it should be really good.
Church was really good yesterday, we had a slightly strange meeting for Father's Day, but it's pretty typical East Coast. But for the 2nd and 3rd hour we had a combined meeting to talk about the sabbath day. It was really good, we watched segments from the General a Conference Training that they had in April. I wish I could get the full version of the talks, it was very inspiring.
I also just got a crazy haircut from this man from the Dominican Republic in Atlantic City... It was interesting, looks good though! He barley spoke English, has been here for like 5 months. He shaped me up with a straight razor and then talc powdered my head, he even shaped up my eyebrows with a straight razor. So funny!
Also, Atlantic City is like a mini Vegas strip. It's pretty dirty, especially compared to the Alcohol free Ocean City.
I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Parker
![]() |
| Elder Parker and Elder Soon |

No comments:
Post a Comment